Friday 21 November 2014

Challenge #13 - Ce Mot Français Appelé Deja Vu

I used to use word "dejavu" without knowing the precise meaning of it
But when I started taking french lesson at CCF (now IFI), I start to know the meaning literally
Fyi, french is so hard to understand :|

Déjà vu (dʒɑː ˈv) means already seen
Vu is a passe compose word (or past participle) from "voir" also known as see or if it is past, seen in english
Deja means already or ever

Based on wikipedia, déjà vu is a phenomenon of having the strong sensation, that an event or experience currently being experienced, has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not (can be in a dream)
The psychologist Edward B. Titchener in his book A Textbook of Psychology (1928), explained déjà vu as caused by a person having a brief glimpse of an object or situation, before the brain has completed "constructing" a full conscious perception of the experience. Such a "partial perception" then results in a false sense of familiarity

Related phenomenon is called jamais vu or "never seen"
It is a term in psychology which is used to describe any familiar situation which is not recognized by the observer
Other phenomenon is called presque vu or "almost seen"
It is the sensation of being on the brink of an epiphany, such as when attempting to recall a word or name (well I use to do this things. In short, I call it "forget")

As I often get presque vu, for sure I barely can't remember my déjà vu
So my déjà vu would be Beyonce feat Jay Z song
*biggrin*

Know that I can't get over you
'Cause everything I see is you
And I don't want no substitute
Baby I swear it's Deja Vu
(watch the video here)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh gitu..
*ga tau mau komen apaan xD